Techquity, or technology for social equity. They are experimenting with it in Austin, Texas, where Dell Medical school is rolling out a blockchain-based identification system for the city’s homeless people. Through a dedicated app, the personal and health data of the most vulnerable, who are often struggling with lost or damaged documents, can be securely stored and made accessible for consultation as needed, especially with regard to paper prescriptions for medicines. . This causes inconvenience not only to people, but also to healthcare personnel and social workers who consume time and energy trying to identify users to get them services as necessary documents. The technology being developed at Dell Medical School allows these people to have all their documentation stored in a secure digital place and with the utmost respect for privacy via the blockchain. An app is enough to prove your identity. Also because, health professionals have noted that it is much easier for a homeless to have access to technology than to keep paper documents. Explains Dr Anjum Khurshid, Director of Data Integration in Dell’s Public Health Department: “80% of homeless people have their own smartphones, while the remaining 20% can use someone else’s phone, or even simply use a computer available in the public library “. The further advantage is that, thanks to the use of blockchain technology, the person has total control over when and how his data is shared. “For example” continues Dr. Khurshid, “If you have to prove that you are of age but want to remain anonymous, this information can be validated through the app without the need to show a document revealing further personal data”. It is estimated that in North America at least two million people are homeless, 700,000 in Europe. A number that exceeds 100 million when referring to the world (UN data). A number of people who, with the crisis caused by the pandemic, is destined to increase. Canadian-based Troon Technologies, a tech services company for businesses and organizations, has activated an Austin-like project, the Silver Linings Initiative. It is always a blockchain app that uses biometric parameters for identification, making access possible from any device. The technology guarantees decentralized data management and, in addition to the virtual identity card, integrates services such as a geo-localized market place and the possibility of requesting online consultations with healthcare professionals.