This litigation stems from the process of disentailment of Church properties during the 19th century A recent order from the Supreme Court ratifies the decision issued by the Audiencia de Ávila The hermitage of La Lugareja, declared a historical-artistic monument on June 4, 1931, It was built in the 12th century. The Supreme Court has ratified that the Diocese of Ávila is the legitimate owner of the hermitage of La Lugareja (12th century), the only remnant of an old monastery disentailed in the 19th century and located on a private property, less than a kilometer from the urban area of Arévalo. A recent order from the Supreme Court ratifies the ruling issued by the Audiencia de Ávila in July 2020 to confirm that the Diocese of Ávila is the owner of the hermitage of the Asunción de Nuestra Señora de Gómez Román, real name of this Mudejar temple popularly known as La Lugareja. In this way, the Supreme Court agrees with the Provincial Court when more than two s years ago, it revoked the sentence issued by the Court of First Instance and Instruction number 1 of Arévalo, in January 2020, which recognized the private ownership of this temple. , will present extraordinary appeals for procedural and cassation infringement before the Civil Chamber of the Supreme Court, which the latter has “rejected”, sources from the Bishopric of Ávila reported this Tuesday. The Supreme Court decision declares the judgment of the Provincial Court firm of Ávila and puts an end to a dispute that began years ago between the Bishopric and an individual who claimed his property. This dispute is derived from the process of disentailment of the properties of the Church during the 19th century, so that the fact that it was disentailed The estate on which this hermitage is located -El Lugarejo-, does not imply that the temple was subject to confiscation, nor was it subsequently sold. Historical-artistic monument Hermitage of La Lugareja, declared a historic-artistic monument on June 4, 1931, was built in the 12th century and the part that is still preserved corresponds to what was once the head of the church of the Cistercian convent of Santa María de Gómez Román. This convent was abandoned around 1240 by its occupants and handed over to nuns of the Cistercian order. It has a triple apse decorated with a series of arches and on the transept there is a dome mounted on the inside based on a dome on pendentives, decorated on the outside by a series of seven brick arches on each façade.