A fire broke out on the morning of Wednesday, October 13 in a bakery in Cugnaux, in Haute-Garonne. The start of the fire did not cause any injuries.
This Wednesday, October 13 in the morning, around 10 am, a bakery caught fire, 1 place de l’Eglise in Cugnaux, in Haute-Garonne. In the morning, a passer-by presented himself to the municipal police, indicating that smoke was escaping from the business, the bakers not having noticed.
ud83d ude92 ud83d udd25 Intervention in progress
The sappers#firefighters of the @HauteGaronne currently intervening, church square in Cugnaux for a violent house fire. Thank you for avoiding the area and being careful. pic.twitter.com/D8Djlz8QOD
– Firefighters 31 (@ sdis31officiel) October 13, 2021
The fire started from under the roof. The police evacuated all the employees of this bakery, as well as those of the Sapr store next door, and the neighboring inhabitants. The city center of Cugnaux is currently blocked.
A large firefighting system was sent to the site, with around thirty firefighters as well as two ladders. The fire did not cause any injuries, but major damage was noted on the bakery.
The boss, in shock, did not wish to speak. The gendarmerie as well as the municipal police are still on site.