The Dutchman Max Verstappen on the Red Bull monopost became the winner of the qualification for the Belgian F1 Grand Prix at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit.
The second place at the starting grid of Sunday’s race was surprisingly won by the British George Russell at Williams and the third was finished by the reigning champion Lewis Hamilton at the Mercedes.
The qualification, which was accompanied by heavy rain, was marked by the accidents of Brita Landa Norris. He did not manage to pass the Eau Rouge bend on the wet track and ended up in a barrier with a monopost. 21-year-old Norris emerged from the broken monopost without outside help or visible injuries. Qualification was interrupted for 40 minutes after this accident.
1. Max Verstappen (Hol./Red Bull Racing) 1: 59.765 min
2. George Russell (Great / Williams) 2: 00,086
3. Lewis Hamilton (Great / Mercedes) 2: 00,099
4. Daniel Ricciardo (Aust./McLaren) 2: 00,864
5. Sebastian Vettel (Nem./Aston Martin) 2: 00.935
6. Pierre Gasly (Fr./Alphatauri) 2: 01.164
7. Sergio Perez (Mex./Red Bull Racing) 2: 02.112
8. Valtteri Bottas (FIN / Mercedes) 2: 02,502