NewsWorldBill and Melinda Gates and that weird deal

Bill and Melinda Gates and that weird deal


“Sometimes there is that little detail in the life of a famous person that accompanies you for years and for me it was that Bill Gates negotiated in his marriage the right to spend one weekend a year in the beach house with his ex girlfriend “. It is the tweet with which Megan Stack, reporter for the Los Angeles Times, recalled a detail in the life of the Microsoft founder, in the moment in which the background on the separation between Bill and Melinda Gates multiplies. The divorce is expected to be the most expensive after the one between Jeff Bezos and his wife MacKenzie in 2019. With assets of 130 billion dollars, the Gates are fourth on the list of the richest in the world, after Bezos, Elon Musk and Bernard Arnault: The divorce agreement between the Amazon founder and his wife left Bezos 75% of the company’s common stock, which was then worth $ 144 billion, and left the remaining 25% to his wife, for a worth 35.8 billion. According to the American media, Bill and Melinda have already done a division of assets, since the divorce request mentions a “separation agreement” by mutual consent that the two have already signed. The couple’s enormous fortune includes residences in five American states; a fleet of cars including a collectible Porsche, worth 2 million dollars; an art collection, which includes the Code Hammer, the manuscript of Leonardo da Vinci, worth 30 million dollars; a series of private planes. In addition, Gates is also the largest private owner of farmland, 242,000 acres spread across 18 different states. As is well known, the Gates have announced that upon their death they will give most of their assets to charity: their three children – Jennifer, 25, Phoebe, 18 and Rory, 21 – should inherit ‘only’ 10 million dollars each, a fraction of the immense fortune of the parents. The family’s main residence is a mansion, known as Xanadu 2.0, facing Lake Washington, a few miles from downtown Seattle, where the Gates Foundation is also located. Gates bought the land in 1988 for two million, and it took him seven years to build the house of his dreams, at a cost of $ 63 million. Now it’s worth 125. “I wanted something beautiful but not ostentatious – wrote Gates in his book The Road Ahead – I wanted a house that could accommodate sophisticated technology, advanced but not intrusive to make it clear that technology must be a servant, not the master. ”

Latest news

Cerana (Acto): “Epochal revolution in the field of gynecological cancers”

Nicoletta Cerana, president of Acto, expresses her satisfaction for how over the years research has made progress in the...

The former farmer DOESN’T ENJOY LIFE: If it weren’t for her daughter, then… Ugh, very strong words! –

We are talking about the controversial Nikol Fridrichov√°, who starred in Farma 12. Her vulgar behavior resonated in the...

Alec Baldwin reaches an agreement with Hutch’s husband, whom he accidentally killed during the filming of ‘Rust’

"I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or assigning blame," Hutchins' husband said in a statement. Following the...

Oil, Opec cuts production. Biden “disappointed”

Opec Plus, the organization of oil-producing countries that also includes Russia, has decided to cut crude oil production by...

Colombo (Bicocca University): “Dostarlimab is an exceptional drug for endometrial cancer”

(Adnkronos) - Oncologist Nicoletta Colombo presents the characteristics of dostarlimab, the monoclonal antibody recently approved in Italy able to...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you