Maxence GEVIN –
An incredible accident. A motorist was hit in the area by a large caliber bullet arriving from the right of the vehicle, a source within the gendarmerie told LCI, confirming information from West France. The 69-year-old hunter behind the shooting was indicted Monday for “unintentional injuries,” the prosecution said.
According to the press release from the Rennes public prosecutor’s office, the hunter was placed under judicial control with in particular “prohibition to carry a weapon (…), to participate in any hunting action (…), to communicate with any member of the Ille-et-Vilaine hunting federation” as well as'”with any participant in the hunting action in question “.
The hunter had been taken into custody a few hours after the accident which occurred on Saturday between Laillé and Orgères (Ille-et-Vilaine) while the driver and a passenger were traveling on the four-lane road between Rennes and Nantes. A 9.3 mm caliber bullet hit the vehicle, seriously injuring the driver in the neck. The injured, 67 years old, had been transported to Rennes University Hospital in critical condition. His vital prognosis remained “seriously engaged “ Sunday evening, according to the prosecution which does not specify Monday how the state of health of the victim has evolved since then.
This new accident comes after the EELV presidential candidate Yannick Jadot said Friday he wanted to ban hunting on weekends and during school holidays. He justified his proposal by evoking the many hunting accidents affecting individuals, taking the example the day before a “walker in Haute-Savoie, who was shot next to a cemetery”.
defends the ambition of information
verified and accessible to all thanks to the income of the
To help us maintain this free service you can “change your choice” and accept all cookies.
MODIFY AND ACCEPT ALL