There is a peculiarity that characterizes Maurizio Battista and makes him unique in the panorama of the Italian comic show: the total absence of dividing ‘walls’ with his audience, a physical proximity (inevitable the final chats between the spectators) that favors a’ atmosphere ‘without filters’, colloquial and complicit. It also happened last night at the Parco della Legnara in Cerveteri with ‘Che Paese è il mio Paese’, an appointment that saw the Roman comedian and actor return to perform in the Etruscan municipality to re-propose his infallible laugh-outs recipe with a show that entertains and makes you think at the same time. Battista has always been a master in highlighting the inconsistencies of society, putting a smile on paranoia, tics and the small absurdities of everyday life. Inevitable the amused identification of the public, who in the events told from the stage relives many daily experiences in a comic key. To the famous and highly appreciated ‘classics’ of the Roman showman such as the sketches on the wedding ceremony or the tragicomic ‘confrontation’ between husband and wife at the supermarket, Battista also alternates a biting satire on Italy at the time of the covid, nailing everyone with a laugh who improvise virologists and infectious diseases and highlighting the contradiction between proudly declaring oneself no-vax and then buying without hesitation mysterious foods full of unknown ingredients (“a super discounted tart and then go and read the label discovering that the jam has the 5 % fruit. But what’s in the other 95%? “, asks the comedian). The show, written with Vittorio Rombolà, Alessandra Moretti, Alberto Farina and Gianluca Giugliarelli, does not spare the irony on the obsessions of collecting gastronomic fashions (with anathema towards the ‘revisited carbonara’), the deceptions of advertising, the relationship of each one with the doctors, to the point of becoming irresistible comedy for rup to a description of a visit to the proctologist or physiotherapist. During the evening, there was also a surprise foray by comedian and stand-up comedian Dado. For the Summer Caerite 2021 program, organized by the municipal administration of the mayor Alessio Pascucci, it was another event much appreciated by the public.
1 thought on “Laughing at everyday life, in Cerveteri the comedy of Maurizio Battista”
Comments are closed.